ECSB Card Control is a feature available to customers with an East Cambridge Debit Card and is intergrated into Digital Banking. Register today for ECSB Card Control and you'll instantly be in control of your debit card's functionality. Below you will find highlights of ECSB Card Control and ECSB Card Control FAQs. Step-by-step instructions are available online at ECSB Card Control Online Banking and ECSB Card Control Mobile Banking
ECSB Card Control Highlights:
ECSB Card Control FAQs:
How do I get started using ECSB Card Control for my Debit Card?
- Instantly turn your card on/off at the push of a button
- Limit card usage based on merchant type, transaction type, location type, and spending limits
- Merchant Type: Specified categories include Department Stores, Entertainment, Gas Station, Groceries, Household, Personal Care, Restaurants, Travel, Age Restricted, and Others
- Transaction Type: Specified transaction types include In Store, Online, Mail/Phone Order, Autopay Recurring, Mobile Wallet, ATM and Others
- Location Type: Block or receive alerts for transactions outside the U.S.
- Spend Limits: Thresholds can be set for purchase values above a specified amount or when available balance is below a specified amount
- Receive real-time notifications of card usage with details
Log in to your Online Banking account or use the ECSB mobile app. Locate ECSB Card Control under Additional Services (online), or from “More” or Menu (mobile app).
How do I turn my card OFF, then back ON?
From the first/main screen you encounter in ECSB Card Control, tap on the toggle switch to turn your Debit Card ON or OFF.
How quickly does the ON/OFF status (or other limits) on my card take effect?
ECSB Card Control changes are effective instantly, so you have complete control of your card.
Can I manage ECSB Card Control on more than one Debit Card?
Yes. From the first/main ECSB Card Control screen, select the Debit Card from a list of cards on your Online Banking account.
If I turn my Debit Card OFF, will my recurring transactions be blocked?
No, your recurring transactions will not be blocked. They will continue to be processed, even when your card is turned OFF.
How do I customize my Debit Card alerts and specify alert types?
Tap on Alerts and set your preferences by Merchant Type, Transaction Type, and Spend Limits. You may also restrict your card from international use in Location Type.
Where do I specify whether to receive alerts by email, text or both?
The communication preferences associated with your Online Banking account apply to your Debit Card. To set your preferences, log in to your online or mobile account.
Will I continue to receive alerts from CardValet once I register for ECSB Card Control?
- From your online account, choose My Settings to review your contact information and security preferences.
- In your mobile banking app, select “More” or Menu, then choose Settings. Go to My Settings to set your security options.
If you have alerts set up in CardValet AND ECSB Card Control, you will receive duplicate alerts. You can remove the alerts from the CardValet app; alerts from CardValet will automatically end on November 13, 2020 when it is discontinued.
Can I use ECSB Card Control to notify ECSB about my travel plans?
No, travel notifications cannot be submitted via ECSB Card Control at this time. Please contact us 1-866-354-ECSB (3272) before you travel, so your Debit Card activity is not flagged as fraud.
How do I turn OFF Debit Card alerts?
In ECSB Card Control, turn OFF each alert in the individual menus for Merchant Type, Transaction Type, Spend Limits, and Location Type.
Can I set up PUSH notifications?
In order to set up PUSH Notifications, you must set up at least 1 PUSH Notification for the account such as Low Balance, High Balance, etc.